Happy New Year to you! I hope that you are looking forward to the year ahead as much as I am. I wonder what the year ahead may hold?
For the past few weeks we have had really cloudy and rainy weather but
at last blue sky and fresh cold weather has made an appearance…
...and with the bright weather has come some clarity for the year ahead…I always try and write a few resolutions every January and I’m reasonably good at keeping them! However this year I’m going to set goals for what I want to achieve. I’m hoping to learn new things, share my inspirations and projects with you and spend quality
time with good friends and family.
My wish list of projects to complete this year includes...
1) Complete my adventurous knitting project, a gorgeous Rowan cosy cable cushion
2) Pick up a crochet hook, refresh myself on the basics and make a start on a project
3) Learn the basics in quilt making and make something by the end of the year that I’m proud of
4) Try some new recipes, perfect my cake baking and biscuit making skills
5) Pick up some basic sewing skills using my lovely new sewing books I had as Christmas gifts, and make a few projects for the home
6) Get gardening again and find some new things for the home
There are quite a few things on the list, I just hope I can decide what to start first! What are you hoping to make and create this year?
Labels: baking, craft books, crochet, gardening, granny square, inspirations, knitting, making, new year, quilting, sewing